Sunday, 5 February 2012

"Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

#17 from my 50 Things 2012 List:
"Make a list of 15 special or interesting places I'd like to visit around Auckland and start to visit these places"


After 3 days of research, miles of crowd sourcing through input from my Facebook friends my #17 goal of making a list of 15 special or interesting places I'd like to visit around Auckland is complete!

All I had previously was a scrappy envelope that I kept in my car for whenever I had a new inspirational idea of a place to add to the list. Now I have a whole new page on this blog of places I want to explore this year, complete with hyperlinks!

The plan has been made, and now to make some more plans!

This time, plans to have some fantastic weekends of exploring, getting out there and visiting these magical places!

Thank you SO much to everyone who contributed an amazing 35 plus comments to my Facebook plea! I will try hard to document some of my adventures throughout the year :)


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. 
So throw off the bowlines. 
Sail away from the safe harbor. 
Catch the trade winds in your sails. 
Explore. Dream. Discover.” 


~ Mark Twain


Image Credit: Image: 'Pink and green
http://www.flickr.com/photos/34726560@N00/3731308899

No comments:

Post a Comment