There is a saying someone once told me when I was first at teacher's college -
"Prior Planning Prevents Panic"
Throughout my 3 years of training and subsequent 10 years of teaching, that saying has morphed into several other similar 4Ps that I have kept in mind and also shared with the dozens of teacher trainees that I have mentored in the past 8 years.
Born out of this has come several derivitives including -
- "Prior Planning Prevents Problems"
- "Prior Preparation Prevents Panic"
- "Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance"
- and even the 6 P's - "Prior Preparation/Performance Prevents Piss Poor Performance"
Tonight, I find myself guilty of all the above!
Having only just organised my calendar over the past few days I have realised I have failed to plan and prepare.... for the 10km Botany Summer Fun Run & Walk.
#4 from my 50 Things 2012 List:
"Walk the 'Botany Summer Fun Run & Walk' 10km course again (done in 2011)"
"Walk the 'Botany Summer Fun Run & Walk' 10km course again (done in 2011)"
Last month February seemed like such a long way away and I was sure I'd have loads of time to train up my legs for the 10km walk... but then school started back for the year and I have not stopped working since. You see I have registered for the walk, but have not trained... (at all!)
Now it's going to hurt (and perhaps nearly kill me), but I'm going to DO this walk - THIS SUNDAY whether I like it or not, stay tuned for extreme blister photos (lol) and wish me luck!
Image Credit:
Image: 'planner pages with pencil'
http://www.flickr.com/photos/94168846@N00/6631666775

Good luck!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on Sunday Rachel. You WILL be able to do it and be fine. Just go at your own pace and walk - do nothing today so tomorrow you'll be fine!
ReplyDeleteGood on you Hun - best of luck - I hope your body bounces back quickly!!
ReplyDeleteIm wishing you luck - not that you will need it, have you accounted for all those extra K's you do in the classroom, duty and that Hill- that's training in itself
ReplyDelete